Tuesday, November 17, 2009

August Night

The bamboo silhouette against the evening sky
Like a spiky haired ghost
The nimbus sulky in the sky
Of unfallen tears and unaccepted pleas
In one such august evening
The doors of my heart shut itself
Unasked uninformed
The prick of the pebble under my feet
I have loved that day
In evening like this, secretly
I left him behind in an unknown place
I came back to my kitchen
The flaming butane in my palm
I have loved it that night
The tears shed, the pleas accepted
The nimbus roared in exult
Through the fissure of the thatched hut
I felt the rain drops nudging
On my cheeks
And I have loved it that night

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure if I understand the inner meaning, but I like it in first reading. The rhythm are excellent and way of expressions are amazing.

    ReplyDelete