Friday, November 20, 2009

In Red

I shall recall once before the everlasting sunset
How beautiful it was to be red
Myself red and
The red sky of dusk
And I shall recall what I whispered
That evening in red
In the ears of the hill-echoes
‘Where shall you take me morrow?’
Far away from that furry thing
I touched beside my bed in my nightmare
Far away from that unknown that stalk me
When my sleep bound my limbs

I shall recall what I whispered
That evening in red
In the ears of the ripe sun
‘Whom shall you take me to?’
The one who will give me answers to all my queries
Like ‘why have I come here?’
To tell me what I do not know
When I say ‘I don’t know’
Like why some are forsaken
While other shake the bars of prison

I shall recall what I whispered
That evening in red
To the smoke of fresh burnt hay
‘Where shall I go back now?’
And how much I wanted to say
‘I do not want to go back
Let me stay right here in the midst of this meadow
Forever and ever
As long as I am red’
Until the green grass turned red and said
‘No, you must go before the night turns red’

No comments:

Post a Comment